Saturday, October 4, 2008

The END?

No. Well maybe.

A while back Brett and I decided to go on a road trip. The route roughly took on the shape of a giant 'U' that we etched into the United States and we set a soft deadline for early to middle November. Committing to the trip, we both understood that we had independent goals and reasons taking us from A to B and that maybe we wouldn't finish the trip we started (together or separate). Blazing our trail at a snail's pace, we are one time zone away from home and the understanding of there being two independent trips in this one trip has become somewhat of a relevant matter. Brett is on the hunt and trying to figure out what he wants to do, and this has lead him to an internship in Santa Fe. Does this spell the untimely end of the Zach and Brett adventure?!

Well, maybe. I think if he likes what he is doing and he sees it as an important step for him, he should stay and do what he has to do. And he knows that what he has to do is not what I have to do, and that staying in Santa Fe for a long period of time is no where in my itinerary. We planned on staying here for a little while anyways, so I figure I'll sit back, max and relax and as the time of original departure comes near, Brett is gonna have to let me know what he is gonna do so I can decide what I am gonna do. I want the trip to keep going as was planned, but at the same time I completely understand where he is coming from.

Who knows where I'll be in two weeks? Seattle? Maine(the light at the end of the tunnel)? San Francisco? Lost in the South? Time will tell I suppose, and also Brett's decision, and my consequent decision.

3 comments:

liv said...

i like what a vent this this post is.

katie said...

My vote is for Maine.

Anonymous said...

hey dude...time to catch up here...need an update on the process of making the choice...what elements are running through the cranium?....ciao