Saturday, October 25, 2008

grand scene for a color film

Sorry I haven't posted anything new in a while. I am too busy getting parking tickets, playing in fallen leaves, and fighting crime.

I picked a great time to be back in Seattle. The leaves are all changing colors and really going out and doing something with themselves. I couldn't be more proud of them. They inspire me to go out and doing something with myself too. It sure is a great time to be a leaf. You're probably thinking I am not looking at the full picture, because shortly all the leaves I speak of will be dried up and dead on the ground, forced against their will to be piled up and jumped on by little kids and people like me who just love jumping into piles of leaves. But, is there any better way to go? No, probably not. If I could talk to a leaf, and a leaf could talk back, I know exactly how the conversation would go.

I would say, "bummer about that whole falling off your perch and being jumped on thing."

And it would say, "You can say that again. I was hoping I was gonna change colors and then it would get better, like what a butterfly goes through."

And I'd say, "Yeah, but butterflies are selfish. You don't want to be selfish. Think of all the people you make happy. Of whom, I include myself. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for your unselfish attitude and your display of patriotism."

And it would say, "Yeah, I guess you're right Zach. I am not surprised though, you always are. Who do those communist butterflies think they are? -Self-righteous pricks."

And then I'd rake him/her up with all its leaf buddies now smiling, accepting their role and place in the world (strictly to please me), and I'd jump into them with all the zeal that people have who jump into piles of leaves.

I guess I could have picked a better time to be back in Seattle, because if I had come back maybe one minute later or earlier, I might not have gotten those parking tickets. Maybe even a fraction of a s second would have done fine.

I am not fighting crime.

2 comments:

liv said...

hahahha. this is really really great. oh zachy.

MOLLY said...

you should really fight more crime